The Sites link allows you to manage the Site information in the system. This function can be selected from the Monitoring menu and choosing the Sites option.
The sites option
The sites option will produce a list of all sites owned by you or that occur in your Local Government (as shown below). Once again, you can only edit site information that you own, not all of the sites in the system.
The Site screen
When the Site screen is first opened, you will see a listing of all of the sites that you own, listed in alphabetical order by the Name of the site. We have also provided some variables in the table of results that include:
- Transect – for sites that are linked together;
- LGA – the Local Government Authority that owns the site;
- CLAG – the name of the associated Contiguous Local Authority Group, if a member of a CLAG; and
- Action – that allows you to edit the record.
For each of the sites, you are able to click on the blue “Edit” link on the far right of the table, and edit the details of that particular site. As Sites and Records (e.g. Adult Mosquito Monitoring results) are linked through relationships, changes will be reflected across all Records that are related to a site. So, if you want to “move” a site because you now monitor elsewhere, it’s better to actually create a new site instead – otherwise all your historical data will also move to the new location.
Once you click on Edit, you will be taken to the Editing screen, as shown below.
The Map view screen of currently selected sites
On the Editing screen, you can:
- Change the site location on a map (see below for more details of the map controls);
- Change the site name;
- Change the transect information (this allows you to group closely related sites in a regular trap run);
- Change the site description; and
- Change the co-ordinate uncertainty description.
Once you have updated these values, you can click on the “Save Site” button to save the changes – this will stay on this page and present you with a small green dialogue above the map (as below) that lets you know the save was done successfully.
Save message indicating the trap location is successfully saved
Please note throughout the web site if you see fields marked with red asterisks (*) then these are Mandatory fields, and must be filled out before you can save the form you are working on.
The Map Controls that you will see on the maps as above are shown in the image below, with a short description shown underneath.
Map control tools with labels
- Zoom In – Zoom into the map centered on the middle of the map,
- Zoom Out – Zoom out from the map, again centered on the middle of the map,
- Full Screen – make the map full screen so that it takes up all of your browser area,
- Draw a marker – add a site to the map via a point (marker),
- Edit layers – allows you to edit a point that you have added to the map, and
- Delete layers – allows you to delete a point that you have added to the map.